Monday, December 27

A New Niece!

I got a phone call around 11:45pm on October 7th from my sister saying they were on their way to the hospital. Her contractions were close and hurting. I don't know the exact time that I got a call back, but I believe it was around 1:30am on October 8th. Andi was here!! (and quickly, I might add!) She was 2 weeks early and a whopping 5 pounds! She was a little peanut. As much as I wanted to be there for her birth, that just wasn't possible. Not even for my parents, who stayed with Claire in the middle of the night.

The girls and I left around 2:00 that afternoon to drive to Little Rock for the weekend. It was so fun to meet Andi and be able to help with Claire back at their house. The girls were fascinated with Andi, especially Emma. Cathy, T and Andi came home on Saturday afternoon and we had a great time oohing and ahhing and taking pictures!

Here is my favorite of the pictures that my sister's friends, Laura, took of Andi. She was about a week old.

Every Monday, Emma's teacher has them write about what they did that weekend. This was the sweet entry that was sent home with Emma later in the week!

No comments: