Thursday, January 21

Emma's First Masterpiece

This is the masterpiece that Emma brought to the car after art last week. I looked at her in shock because I was so overly impressed. Doubting her talent a bit, I asked her, "Did you really paint this?" She smiled and said, "Yes!"
I don't mean to brag and I really am blogging this for our own scrapbook, but seriously. My 6 year old did this. Emma explained that they got to pick a picture from an old calendar. She chose the beach because we had gone there for Thanksgiving. She told me that her teacher helped her pencil in the drawing, but she did the painting herself. I asked her about the shading and she said that her teacher helped her with that. I went in yesterday to her class and told her teacher how impressed I was with her painting. I also wanted to feel her out a bit about how much Emma actually did of the painting and how much Mrs. Nadine did for her. Mrs. Nadine said, "She did it! Isn't it awesome?!!" She went on to say that she coached her along and taught her how to look at the picture and mimic it. Amazing! I took this picture on my phone, but I'm going to have John start to photograph her work so we can watch it progress over time. I hope she sticks with it and keeps on loving it!

4 comments:

Georgia said...

My mouth is wide open. I'm totally impressed. I'm going to commission Emma to do us a painting. We need artwork for our walls!

Sydney said...

retalented girl, just like her Mommy!

Fourgiven Momma said...

Wow!! I am blown away! I have been meaning to ask you more about that art class and this is my perfect opportunity. Can you email me some details?

Megan said...

So impressed!