Wednesday, March 25

Pancake Follow-Up

After this post and the many helpful comments, I attempted some healthier pancakes. I have the Deceptively Delicious cookbook and have tried a few recipes. I had not tried the sweet potato pancakes, but thanks to Elizabeth's comment on how all of her boys liked it, I tried it. As my pancake mix, I used the Fiber One pancake mix. So, instead of just some syrupy pancakes, we had a dose of sweet potatoes and fiber.

Emma, my picky eater and lover of pancakes, gobbled them down and went on and on about how good they were. Brooklyn, my girl that will eat anything (bless her), ate them right up. Last, but not least, my hubbie (and 2nd pickiest eater in the fam) also liked them. I did too.

I will tell you that these pancakes were thin like crepes. I might use a little less water next time. I did add about 1/8 tsp of vanilla and I think that added a lot to it. I did not have the time to puree my own sweet potatoes, so I bought a jar of baby food. It worked perfectly. It was worth my $0.85 for convenience and I still have one container left for next time.

2 comments:

The Walkie Talkie said...

GOOD TIPS! I will definitely try that fiber one mix- goodness knows Ben can always use some extra fiber! Thanks for sharing! Love, JB

Meredith said...

hey! It was a park behind FAC... I am not sure about the neighborhood, but it is great! I will try and find out for you!