Saturday, July 19

Highlights

The girls and I were in Little Rock all week. Emma went to VBS at Immanuel, we did a lot of swimming, saw friends and hung out with my family.

Emma had a great time at VBS. It was a very large VBS, 1300 kids! Luckily, my sister was Emma's teacher, so she was excited to go each day to see her. I have no digital pics of VBS even though this was our main reason for going there for the week.

Another fun thing we did was make homeade ice cream in a bag. I am going to post this separately, so I can write out the recipe for everyone. It was so fun and so easy to do with little kids. And, quite tasty!

Here are some of the highlights!

Brooklyn and I met my roomate from college and long time friend, Lindsay downtown at the Peabody one morning. Her oldest boys were at VBS at another church so we took the youngest down to see the ducks. We randomly ran into the Ponder's there too. I love watching the ducks walk their red carpet into the fountain. They are so cute.



We got to go swimming with the Flints while we were both in town for the week. Emily was a friend in college and we have reconnected in the blogging world. She has 3 little girls (and hopefully a 4th little girl from China soon) and lives in Georgia. Ally and Emma are the same age and Annalyse and Brooklyn are the same. Haley Davis also met us there.




We spent 2 days swimming at my sister's pool. We love getting to swim there. I have good video of Emma swimming by herself that I need to figure out how to post. Claire is 6 months old now and so precious! (as you can see!)








My Dad's company is building a new office for themselves and they had their ground breaking while we were there. Emma was at VBS, but B and I went downtown for that. It was very hot, but fun to be able to be there for my Dad.



We also were able to meet the Loibner's (minus Peter) for lunch on Friday before we left town. We had not seen eachother in so long and it was fun to catch and let the kids play. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture!

No comments: