Sunday, December 26

Family Visit- September 24-26

The fall in Northwest Arkansas is our favorite time of year. The scenery is amazing, there is a sense of newness with a new school year starting and Fayetteville takes on a spirit like none other during Razorback football. One of my favorite things about the fall is that with the start of another season of football comes lots of visits from my family. My parents come for almost all of the Fayetteville games and we get to spend time with them and occasionally go to a game.

On the weekend of September 24th, not only did my parents come visit, but Cathy, "T" and Claire came too. Cathy got the go ahead from her doctor to travel since she still had 4 weeks until her due date. It was so fun! Friday night we tried out a new burger place in Fayetteville called Burger Life. It was a nice night so we were able to sit outside and enjoy the weather. On Saturday, we got up and ventured to the Farmer's Market in Fayetteville. Its always fun to see all the flowers and produce at the market, plus the shops around the square. John, of course, had his camera and got a cute shot of the girls in their Hog gear. :)Then we went to eat lunch at my new favorite place, Hammontrees. They have the best grilled cheeses and its great for kids too. We walked up Dickson Street to get dessert at Orange Mango. It was fun to do some Razorback people watching on our way. :) My Dad won tickets in Frank Broyles box for the Alabama game, so he was not with us. He was living it up in the box! John, T, my Mom and I took his 4 tickets and went to the game. My sister (8 months pregnant) graciously volunteered to babysit the 3 girls while we went to the game. I had a sitter lined up, but she made me cancel.

The game was early in the day, so we were back home by 6:30. Since my family was not going to be around for Brooklyn's birthday on the 6th, we celebrated with pizza and cupcakes at home after the game. The cupcakes were a hit (as you can see)! Brooklyn got to open up some early presents. My sister and her family gave her the new Veggie Tales DVD and my parents gave her a Fancy Nancy doll and nightgown. She has barely taken that nightgown off in the past 2 months despite the cool temperatures.

It was a super fun weekend! I am always sad to say goodbye to them, but October was a busy month for our family and I knew I would be seeing them all soon.

No comments: