Wednesday, June 30

Father's Day in Little Rock

Our family of 4 celebrated Father's Day with John on Friday, the 18th. We knew we would be in LR on Sunday, so I declared Friday as our celebration of John. John was able to spend the whole day with us, so after Em's Art Camp, we took John to lunch and gave him his new hiking/water/photography shoes. He really wanted to take pictures that weekend, so he got up early and left for his adventure and we all met up in Little Rock that afternoon. We were taking two cars anyway, so the girls and I could stay an extra day with my family.
On Saturday, the 19th, we went to Little Rock. We had a long time friend take our family pictures on Saturday evening and that was super fun. Whitney is super talented and we can't wait to see all the pictures she took. Here is a little sneak peek. Thankfully she took pictures that weekend because we did not take any of the girls with John for Father's Day.

Father's Day was Sunday and it was so fun to get to spend it with my Daddy. We all went to church together and then ate lunch at Dixie Cafe. 4 out of his 5 kids were able to be with him on this day. Everyone was tired, so we went back to nap and then go swim at my sister's pool. When the rain finally moved out, the kids got to swim and they had so much fun. They love my sister's pool and I do too. We went back to my parents and spent the rest of the evening chasing lightning bugs. It was a perfect summer day.











The girls and I were there for part of Monday and we had fun playing with Claire while my sister did a little work. Claire came to my parents house and we played outside for a while. We did bubbles and my girls caught baby frogs. Yes, baby frogs. They were super cute and my girls loved them. I emphasize "my" girls because Claire was not such a fan of the frogs. Claire is at such a fun age and talking so much more than the last time we saw her. I love to hear that little toddler voice and all the cute ways they say things. We ate lunch there and then it was time to head home. From the previous post, you know that right before we left my Mom worked a little on Emma's tooth and she lost it! It was so good to be there with my family!! As a side note, I don't think I have mentioned on the blog that my sister and T are having another baby girl!!! Claire will be a big sister mid October!!! We are so excited!! Brooklyn has been especially interested in how the baby got to my sister's tummy and was a little nervous when my sister said she could touch her tummy. It was cute.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

I want to see a picture of baby frogs :)
4 girls is so super fun, you guys are blessed!