Sunday, April 19

Home Improvement

Over the past 2 months, we have done some major painting at our house. John's uncle is a great painter (and gives a great family discount) and super fast. He painted our living room, the hallways, the master bedroom and bath. I don't really have pictures of these rooms, but they have a fresh coat of paint on them and we love it.
Since we moved into our house 4 years ago, I have wanted to have our cabinets painted. I decided to do the girls bathroom around Christmas time and loved the result. It was hard work and very hard to do with 2 little ones running around. We decided to see how much it would cost to have someone else paint the kitchen cabinets and I would finish the other rooms. When the painter came back with our quote, he gave us the numbers for how much it would be to just go ahead and do everything. It was practically nothing for the other rooms. The kitchen was the bulk of the price, so we decided to let him do it all! I am so glad we did!! I love the result and love how much lighter the rooms are because of the white paint. Hooray!

The Laundry Room

Before and After











The Master Bath

Before and After










The Kitchen (my favorite change of all!)

Before and After

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

It looks great! I bet it feels like a new house. Hope you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

One problem closet is still white could turn them into wood and the trim around the doors is white that is how my house is with the wood. Looks nice other than that.

Blake

Georgia said...

I am officially, totally jealous. We need your uncle to come to Conway. Painting our cabinets (and trim) in our house is numero uno on our list of things to have done and I am in no way shape or form ready to tackle any more of it myself. I LOVE your changes and am so glad that you guys just went ahead and did it all. It looks great and I know you are so happy!!!

kate said...

LOVE it all! Can't wait to see it in person!

Sydney said...

LOVE it! So bright and pretty and your house is so organized and clean!!
Just one question... what do you keep in the canister labeled "coffee". Don't you crazy people not drink it?
Miss you!!

Allison Nelson said...

It is not always that clean, but after you pretty much move out of your cabinets for a week, it provides some time for organization!

And the coffee canister usually houses hot chocolate and apple cider packets!

Mandy said...

so bright! love it!

Anonymous said...

love it! it makes the kitchen more open. and i love the green with the white!! my aunt would be proud!:)

Melissa Darby said...

Wow, I love it all! Nice work! I have plenty of work over here for you :) I'm sure you don't want to see another paint brush for many years!