Friday, February 13

You Know You are a Mom When...........

1. You bake your own cake for your birthday (not because your husband won't buy you one, but just because you want to make it like your own Mom used to make for you). This is my Mom's Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake and it is my fav!








2. You ask for something that is really for your child because it will go on their bed. Thanks Mom and Dad!












3. You ask for a painting of your dog (first born child in our case) for your birthday and days after receiving it you still can't stop smiling at it! I have always wanted a painted canvas of Belle. I'm a dog lover and as crazy as this must sound to MOST of my friends out there, I really, really wanted this. I had priced some around and they were all WAY to much money. Ashley Keylor recently posted on her blog that she had done some dog portraits for a friend. I thought they were great and the price was SUPER, so I passed it on to John in hopes that he would contact Ashley. I really didn't think he remembered, but he did. Ashley did such a great job! I am posting the original picture that she had to go by with the picture of her painting. AMAZING! Here is her website, in case you need a dog portrait too. (oh, and she does anything and everything painted, so check it out)













John made my birthday really special with surprise flowers and this surprise painting. I really did not think he would go through with it. The girls were great, besides waking up way earlier than they normally do. Although birthdays are not the "you are a queen for the day" that they used to be growing up, I woud not trade having my little girls here celebrating with me and asking me, "What kind of party are you going to have? Barbie? Dora?"

3 comments:

2 Loos said...

Precious!

Unknown said...

Great post, Al. I really love this one. It sounds like a wonderful birthday. Happy birthday!

kate said...

I loved reading your posts! So sweet. Great way to put it- you aren't the queen for the day like when you were little. It is sometimes hard to give that up! Can't wait to get our girls together to play!