Friday, January 9

Artsy

We have been being artsy around here and I love it! Painting is therapeutic for me, even if it is done with a 2 and 5 year old. Jayme and I had planned for the girls to paint canvas' on New Years Eve, but we just did not get around to it. On New Years Day, I let our girls paint their canvas'. This might become a tradition every New Years Day. The girls loved it and I think it would be neat to see how their art skills change each new year. I picked the colors I wanted them to use (so it would match their room) and then they did what they wanted. I did paint some swirls on B's to get her started, but they were soon painted over. :)









I have also been working on a canvas for a while now. I say "a while" because I worked on it one night at Lindsey's and then finished it up the other day. It really did not take to long, but hard to do with 2 little ones under foot. I see a million things wrong with it, but it is what it is for now, and it is hanging in our living room. I love trees and birds and 1 Cor 10:31 is one of my life verses.










I also have to give a little promo for B's new Dot Paints that she got for Christmas. I highly recommend the investment into them. I bought them at a teacher supply store in Fayetteville and they were not cheap for kids paints. About $15 for the big package. They are so easy for little ones to use and not that messy either. They are not just little kids. As you can see, I enjoyed myself. This blog that I reference uses them a lot for crafts.

6 comments:

Grace said...

I really want to come over and do the dot paint! Fun!!!!!

Grace said...

Your picture looks great! Love the flowers!

Erica said...

Your picture is beautiful! I'd hang in my house for sure! And I love the idea of the girls painting their canvases.

The Merediths said...

Your tree and bird are fantabulous!! You are so creative and artsy! I love how you and the girls paint together! The canvases are fantastic!

Sydney said...

Oh my. You are way too cool and talented. I am reminded of the many hours you would spend "creating" when we were in college and you were working on your projects.

I love how your girls make canvas paintings, and my kids glue cotton balls on paper to make snowmen :) We need some art camp around here!

Lindsey said...

Great job....I've been so behind on the blogs, I'm just now seeing your painting. I love it! The colors turned out so great. Are you pleased with it? I bet it looks great where you have it!