Friday, December 5

Happy 5th Birthday Emma!

I mean, has it really been 5 years since Emma was born??? It is a Friday today, which is the same day she was born. Man, it is crazy how time flies. As my sister in law has said before, "The days often seem like years and the years seem like days." So very true!

I will report more about her birthday once we have her little party on Sunday, but I wanted to make sure that I got a short post in on the actual day. We did go to Jump Zone this morning with the Walker girls and then ate some lunch. We are going to the square for pizza and Christmas lights tonight with the Hannon fam.

Since this blog is to help us document our girls' lives, I wanted to write Emma a short little note. I couldn't help but look back at pictures on this special day!

Dear Emma,
Happy 5th Birthday! I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find out your were a girl (we did not find out ahead of time) on December 5, 2003. I secretly wanted a little girl named Emma so badly!

The past 5 years have been so fun! We have had low points (mainly just your 3rd year of life :)!), but the fun has far outweighed the hard stuff. You are a ball of fun to be around. You are an entertainer in every sense of the word. You are creative, funny, smart, the BEST colorer of ALL time, a leader, athletic, did I mention creative?, social, the welcoming committee to everything,
a great friend, an awesome sister, and the list could go on and on......I am also so proud of your little heart and how God is forming it and growing the desire to know Him. You love to pray and you care for others. Brooklyn is beyond blessed to have you as a big sister. You play and share with her so well (the majority of the time) and are great at including her into things that you do.

Em, I love having you as a daughter and as my little buddy. You are my most favorite 5 year old in the world!!!!
Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

2 Loos said...

awwww! I love you em!

Unknown said...

happy birthday! i love the comparison of now and then.....sweet sweet.

Fourgiven Momma said...

So sweet, our little one's birthdays always make me teary! I got a lump in my throat just to see her pictures side by side. I actually just came across her birth announcement just a few days ago with that same little picture. Amazing how fast it goes!