I love Christmas and everything that goes along with it, except for the busyness that we all get sucked into and the over materialistic way we make it.
These are just a few of my favorite things that I looked forward to at Christmas. I'm sure there will be more in the weeks to come!
1. Christmas lights on the Fayetteville square and eating at Tim's Pizza! We always go with the Hannon's and usually it is on Emma's birthday. This is a picture of our girls with the Hannon cousins and the Hannon cousins' cousins. (we have been trying to explain that to Emma) That Hannon family just moved to NWA and we have had fun hanging out with them. Emily and Emma have a good time together!
2. Christmas cards. I look forward to the mail coming everyday this time of year. I love seeing everyone's fun pictures!
3. Christmas shows on TV. I love all the old ones and even the new Nick Jr. Christmas episodes.
4. Driving around looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas music. We went to the drive-thru nativity the other night and it was really neat.
We haven't made it to this neighborhood yet this year, but we love one of the streets off Turner Rd. in Springdale. Every house does something and it always looks good. We will go this week.
5. Baking. Fudge is my favorite to make and eat! I use my Mom's recipe and I really think it is the best fudge in the world.
I made Cinnamon Munch today and will be making Red Velvet Cookies this week for a cookie exchange. I like trying new things, but I love the things I grew up on even more.
6. Christmas crafts with the girls! I don't have pictures right now, but I will post the final products this week. Fun times!