Tuesday, September 2

Fall Retreat

I had a great time at Fall Retreat and enjoyed my group so much. This is a picture of them. I enjoyed getting to know them and I am very excited to see where God leads me with them. There is a lot I could post about Fall Retreat, but for me, I need to write about what I learned so that I can always come back to this as a reminder.

Brian Pope spoke on Friday night and it was great. He was showing us in Exodus that God chose Moses and then in many of the chapters that follow he started the chapter with "then God spoke to Moses". Meaning, God did not just throw Moses out there alone. He stayed by him and spoke to him. So, if Moses needed God by his side, surely I do too. God blessed me with 2 precious little girls to take care of on this Earth. Over the past few months of summer, I have chosen to do things my way and on my own. Where has it left me? Tired, frustrated, impatient, lonely, selfish, distant and just out of sorts.

I was reminded this weekend that I cannot do "life" without God. If I depend on myself, then my relationship with Him, John, my girls, my family and my friends will suffer. I must ABIDE in Him. I must draw close to Him. I must root my heart in Him. I must let His voice be the most clear voice in my life.

We sang this on Friday night and the words struck me hard. You might not want to listen to the video (but it is really good), but read the words.

FULL ATTENTION by Jeremy Riddle

May your voice be louder
May your voice be clearer
Than all the others, than all the others

And may your face be dearer
May your words be sweeter
Than all the others, than all the others
In my life

(Chorus)
Please keep my eyes fixed on you
Please root my heart so deep in you
Keep me abiding, keep me abiding
Keep me abiding that I, Oh that I may bear fruit

May your presence be nearer
May your presence be truer
Than all the others, than all the others

And may your light shine brighter
May your love move deeper
Than all the others, than all the others
In my life

(Chorus 2X)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think in a few years Emma will be in a retreat with you.

Blake