Tuesday, May 13

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a good day and my family did a great job of making me feel appreciated. I woke up to flowers on the kitchen table, a set table (using the "You are Special" plate I must add) and french toast being fixed. Yum! We all ate breakfast together and I opened my presents. John got me an adapter for my iPod. Now I can listen to my iPod in the car. Emma got me the movie Juno and B got me an iTunes card. We all went to church together (a special treat since normally John has to meet us at church) which was a treat in itself. We had a normal Sunday afternoon, but topped it off with Catfish Hole for dinner. Once again, YUM!

I also was treated to a fun day away on Saturday. Washington Elementary put on a home tour through 7 different houses in the historic district. My sister in law and I spent the day oohing and aahing over each one. (minus a few) We both love old houses and love getting ideas. I would LOVE to build a "new" old house someday and Amy is in the middle of doing it right now. It was a fun day and something that we are going to try to do together each year.

Thank you to my family for a wonderful day. I am so thankful that God entrusted my sweet little girls to John and me. They are such blessings.

No comments: