Saturday, November 15

Happy Serving

It is Saturday and I'm writing this "happies" post a few days early because I will be out of town on Monday and won't have access to a computer to load pictures. I wanted to make sure that I got to share with you guys how awesome my cell girls worked today! They made me proud!

My last "happies" post was an effort to look past the sickness in our household and see the good. I have to admit that the rest of our week was not a whole lot better. The sickness was gone, but the whiny attitude from all of us remained. Brooklyn has been a mess. Lots of whining, lots of screaming over who knows what and not a whole lot of sleep. I finally took her back to the doctor thinking she had an ear infection, but she was perfectly healthy. I decided to pack us up today and head to Little Rock for a change in scenery. I think it will be good for all of us. Unfortunately, John has to stay here to work, but I have a feeling he won't mind having some peace and quiet for a few days.

Today, many of the cell groups and community groups at our church took part in a thing called INVADE. We were given homes, schools, or organizations that needed help around Northwest Arkansas. I have to admit that I wasn't excited about raking leaves in 37 degree weather. After working for 3 hours on leaves and meeting a really sweet lady that appreciated us beyond words, I am so glad that I went. There is a lot to be said about getting past your own selfish life and going to help someone else. It is a good attitude adjuster. I loved watching my 12 year old girls serve this woman. Not only did they work hard, but they also visited with sweet Nina and listened to her stories.

It was a fun morning and something I would really love for my family to do more often.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Has she cut her 2 year molars yet?? AD has been acting she same way and today I got a glimpse of her mouth and saw little white buds just under the skin...no wonder she's been so whiny and just not happy, in general!!! Just a thought!

Allison Nelson said...

She has cut the ones on the bottom already, but I have wondered if the 2 on the top are trying to come in. I can only hope!

Josh and Margo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica said...

Norah was doing the same when she just cut 2 molars on the bottom. She's better now, but I saw a white bud on the top this morning. I did not know they were "2 year molars." Does that mean we don't have to worry about cutting any more teeth this year?

2 Loos said...

Awww! That was a fun day! Good memories!