Tuesday, October 7
I have been tagged, but my most creative friend, Brooke!
I didn't know if I could come up with 7 interesting/random/weird facts, but once I mentioned it to John, he assured me he could help.
1. I like ketchup on my scrambled eggs
2. I can touch my tongue to my nose. Emma shares this talent too. I guess it is hereditary or maybe just that we both have a small space b/t our mouth and nose. Or just a long tongue. I am not sure.
3. I have major ear issues. I hate for my ears to be touched and my gag reflex kicks in when the doctor has to look in my ears. My gag reflex kicks in even more when I hear "ear stories". This happened on Sunday when John told me about Wyatt Williams sticking a popcorn kernel in his ear. John updated me last night that he will be having anesthesia to get it out. AHHH! Honestly, my stomach was churning and I held back gagging.
4. I used to always win the "headstand" contests in gymnastics. Not sure I could do it now.
5. I really like things to have a place and for them to be in that place. I never thought I was like this until I had kids with toys everywhere.
6. For my 13th birthday, I joined my Dad on a business trip to Chicago. He scored us tickets to a Bulls/Celtics game. This was when Jordan and Bird were still playing and they were our 2 favorites. In my program, I had an invitation to join in the free throw contest at half time. I hated the spotlight then as much as I do now, but for some reason my Dad was able to talk me into it. Thousands of people were cheering for me and I made the shot! It was crazy considering I was the smallest person out there. I won a trip to Detroit to see the Pistons play the Bulls, but we couldn't go. My Dad sold it to a guy working the concession stand. It was my day of fame.
7. John says that this could be a post all its own, but I have a really crazy family tree. I could go on and on, but I will just mention a few funny family facts. My Dad will be 78 years old next week and is the greatest Dad in the world. He was always the oldest Dad, but acted the youngest. My oldest half sister (my Dad had 3 children from a previous marriage) is 58 years old and she was pregnant with my nephew (her 3rd child) when my Mom was pregnant with me. My middle half sister is around 55 and was also pregnant at the same time with my niece. I have 13 neices and nephews right now that are b/t the ages of 40years old and 9 months. Out of these 13, 4 are older than me. Wrap your head around all that! I could go on, but I will spare you!
I think everyone I know has been tagged, but I am going to tag a few of my old CG friends. I have been thinking about all of you a lot lately. We are all spread out now and I miss you guys! We need to have a reunion soon.
Sarah, Whitney, Erica, and Georgia
Posted by Allison Nelson