Sunday, July 8

July 8, 2007

When I was younger, I always looked forward to the baby dedications at church. To me, it was a time to see all the new babies that were born in the past year. Not until I had children, did I truly realize the meaning behind them. Today, we dedicated Brooklyn to the Lord. We dedicated ourselves to praying for her, raising her to the best of our ability in the Lord, and then praying some more for her! It was also a great reminder of our dedication with Emma 3 years ago. All of our family came into town for it and most of our community group was at the service. Uncle Sam got to perform the dedication like he did when Emma was dedicated. It was a neat service. There were only 3 children dedicated which was a blessing because as soon as we walked off stage all of the electricity went out. Not just in our service, but campus wide. The Worship Center, children's area, high school, etc.....It could have been a disaster, but it was handled so well by the staff. Honestly, it made the service more intimate. I loved singing with just a guitar, no slides, and hearing a sermon by candlelight.

Our verse for Brooklyn and Emma's dedication were the same:
"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be
gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Num. 6:24-26

Lord,
I pray that you bless Emma and Brooklyn. I pray that Your face shine upon them as You mold them into Your image. I pray for peace in each of their lives and I pray that they might know you an intimate way. I pray that you turn their hearts toward You at an early age. We love you, Emma and Brooklyn. As parents, we commit to giving you our all and doing the best we can to train each of you in Christ's image. Thank you Jesus, for Emma and Brooklyn. What a blessing they are to us. Amen

3 comments:

Nate's Nonsense said...

Very nice! It is an exciting time to have children and watch them grow.

Amber said...

What a blessing our babies are! and what sanctification! I'm so glad we are in this together.

Anonymous said...

Well from your sunset picture looks like there is a guy and a girl looks like Allison Suprised you.. Not lol...

Blake