Tuesday, November 28

Holiday Extravaganza!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, peaceful, speed-ticket-less holiday! Here's a rundown on the past several days:

Wednesday
Got off work at noon (hooray!) and headed to Branson. Brooklyn cried for the first 20 minutes. We pulled off the main road between Hindsville & Huntsville so Allison could feed her. Emma pulled a pop-a-squat near the car. Got to Branson, ate dinner at the condo. Then we packed up everyone in Geri (the minivan) and drove through the Shepherd of the Hills Light thingy. Basically, it's about 3 miles of lights and Christmas dolls. Pretty fun stuff. Emma sat in Granddad's lap in the front seat, while Brooklyn cried the whole time in the back seat with Nana and Allison. The front half of the van enjoyed the evening. The back half...not so much.





Thursday
Being in Branson, we're already a little redneck. What REALLY made us redneck was that we ate at Golden Corral. Now, GC has some pretty fantastic food. And we aren't the only ones who know this. GC opened at 11:00 AM. We got there at 10:30 AM. WE were about 75th in a line of 200. Nice. Even on Thanksgiving, Branson has lines.

After unsuccessful naps, we packed up and went to Silver Dollar City to see the 4 million Christmas lights they have. Fact: 4 million lights pulled into a straight line will stretch from Branson to St. Louis. That's a long frickin' way, man. Of course, Brooklyn cried the whole time, so once again, Mommy wasn't enjoying the lights all that much.

Friday
We left the condo around 8:00 AM to drive down to Little Rock. I told my father-in-law that I would trade him 2 granddaughters and a daughter for 1 ticket to the LSU game. He apparently thought that was a good deal. So, I brought his girls down there, and I went to the game. Lousy as it was, I enjoyed going. Side note: I love the atmosphere at War Memorial stadium. The energy and volume is intense. That being said, it's really quite a pathetic stadium. I guess I'm spoiled by Razorback stadium. But Bentonville's High School stadium could rival War Memorial. It's kind of sad. But the energy and atmosphere help out a lot.

After the game, we met the rest of the Shell family and my girls at El Chico for dinner. We also celebrated Emma's upcoming 3rd birthday there. She got a cake and the server's scared her to death when they sang Happy Birthday and tried to put a giant sombrero on her head. She got lots of Barbie stuff.






Saturday
On Saturday, we pretty much hung out and packed up. We ate at Arkansas Burger, then drove home. All in all, it was a pretty good trip. Brooklyn wasn't all that great, but she did sleep well in the car, so that's a small blessing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess it's my turn to remind you...it does get better. hang in there. one day you'll block out all those screaming memories and only be reminded of them when you read friends' blogs.

Kara said...

Yeah, and I think it's a good reminder for me of how it was with Haven...agghh! It's been 4 years since I have had a newborn. Should be interesting. Glad you guys had fun in Branson....most of you anyway.